Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to track the filenames that are moving to another location ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hcu

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

A directory contains 100 files and a folder with 10 files. For some task, i have to move all 10 files to sit along with 100 files, by using command as:

mv ./directory/folder/*.v ./directory.

After perfoming my task on all these 110 files. i want to move processed 10 files (that i bought) to their original location without mentioning filenames explicitly.

how can i do this ? I think i have to track those file names initially and use that info back again afterwards. but help me with some syntax.

Hi,

Why not COPY instead of MOVE? Then the files remain in the original location.

In either case you could PIPE the std output of the MOVE (COPY) into a file. Then you have the file names safed and can process them later.

Klaus

Hi,

Why not COPY instead of MOVE? Then the files remain in the original location.

In either case you could PIPE the std output of the MOVE (COPY) into a file. Then you have the file names safed and can process them later.

Klaus

after adding those 10 files (human readable) to 100 files(human readable). all 110 files content will get changed and become "machine readable but not human readable." At this time, i suppose to move machine readable 10 files to original location.

Hope i am clear now.

Status
Not open for further replies.