Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DS89C420/430/440/450 Programmer Schematic , 8052 Core

Status
Not open for further replies.

glenjoy

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I just finished drawing the DS89C420 programmer schematic again, hope you find it useful.

Just PM me if you find it useful.

Glenjoy

DS89C420 links in the section:

Which other type of chip's can I programme with this device?

Humm, basically the same circuit as in Dallas' appnote...
**broken link removed**

With modification in the RESET, /PSEN and /EA driving circuitry, could be used for any other UART-bootloader-programmed '51 clone in DIP40, notably the RD2 sub-family (P89C51Rx2, P89C66x; P89V51Rx2 - those don't even need the /PSEN manipulation; (A)T89C51RD2/ED2/ID2; T89C5115).

But I see little use of this kind of "programmer" - except as an example - as the point of UART-programming is to have these mcu's programmed IN-CIRCUIT without need to remove them from the target.

wek

In this forum, I read many times questions how to build DS89C4X0 programmer - but it's question completely wrong, sourcing from absolutely lack of understanding of memory programming procedure of these chips.
Somebody just order free samples from Dallas-Maxim and even when it arrives, just don't know what to do with them and he is even lazy to read datasheets and application notes.
Because in application note, which wek pointed to, is all you need to build "programmer" for these chips. I wrote "programmer" because you even don't need programmer at all, you assemble boards with blank devices and at finishing construction you put a firmware into it through bootloader and serial port - it's purpose of bootloader.

So this construction is nothing special, just "extended" copy od picture from application note without explanation how it works.
So newbie build this "programmer", and maybe find out it's not working, because of some problem... but the main problem is laziness - read datasheet and application notes and you find everything.

Jaromir

Status
Not open for further replies.