Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Repair help regards wall ac adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

uzielkr

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Friends, I am trying to repair a Panasonic Wall ac adapter (6V, 500ma) smps based, I checked with multimeter no output, checked and internal fuse with continuity and all okay, I am attaching pics, im novice so donno what else may be wrong in it, front and back image of pcb with components is attached, at the back there seems to be 2 black spots on some kind of resistance if I can identify properly. Can you all please help me what all I can check and how??

wart1.JPGwart2.JPG

Hi,

The capacitor, second picture, top center is broken.
Replace it, but most probably you need a low ESR one. Best is if you can replace it with exactely the same type.

Maybe something else is broken.

Klaus

Looks like 4 fried resistor, which all need to be replaced and then the board needs to be debugged for why it fried those resistors. The values will likely be important, which means you need the schematic for the board, which is probably going to be difficult if not impossible to get.

Status
Not open for further replies.