Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RTC runs fast during GPRS data transmition

Status
Not open for further replies.

AliBahar

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
we have made a board (using LPC1788) as a mini-computer which performs controlling and monitoring in our projects. I perform c coding with Keil u-vision for making firmware. two tasks should be done : task 1:we should show clock time (hour : minute) in top-left corner of display. So we use thread function (using CMSIS thread function) with low priority. thread function gets the rtc and shows it continiously. it works properly by default. task 2: the packet of data must be sent using GPRS ( with SIM908 ATcommands) at specific time. sometimes the rtc runs fast during GPRS data transmition. when data transmition completes rtc works properly again. what should I do for solving this problem.

Hi,

It's not clear to me: is the RTC hardware or software?

An RTC needs a clock. What clock source do you use?

If it is an external hardware RTC with it's own xtal, then we need to see the PCB layout.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.