Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Design guidance needed for 3 phase SMPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

satiz

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I have a single phase SMPS design which will work from 180V 50hz to 275V 50Hz, I need to convert that into three phase SMPS. Please give me some guidance to do this.Thanks in advance.

Converting to three phase for 230/400V supply means to increase the nominal DC bus voltage from 325 to 560 V (+ overvoltage margin) for a simple (non-PFC) SMPS.

Yes, I am planning to place one mosfet regulator or triac to change 560V DC into some 300V DC will it work ?

If PF is not an issue why don't you try half wave rectifier ? so that you will have same voltage as single phase in the i/p side.

ok, but It won't work for single phase right ? I need a SMPS circuit which has to work single phase as well as three phase

you could just have three of them, and have each one connected to a single phase of the three phase. As you now, three phase is just three single phases phased with respect to each other.
If when 3 ph is connected, you want three of them to all 'pour' into the same output, then you need isolation, and could do the trick where one is a (master) voltage regulator for vout..and the other two just "copy" the master's current, as current regulators.

Status
Not open for further replies.