Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cadence Virtuoso: Import a large verilog netlist to cadence schematic

Status
Not open for further replies.

oAwad

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,

I imported a verilog netlist for a layout previously designed in Encounter. When I try to open the schematic and hit check&save, I get these errors:

Error: Net "v_CALCULATION_CNTR<7:0>" shorted to net "N5512,N5511,N5510,N5509,N5508,N5507,N5506,SYNOPSYS_UNCONNECTED__0".
Error: (DB-270004): Illegal bus reference - Can't tap "<N5507>" from net "v_CALCULATION_CNTR<7:0>".
Error: (DB-270004): Illegal bus reference - Can't tap "<N5512>" from net "v_CALCULATION_CNTR<7:0>".
Error: (DB-270004): Illegal bus reference - Can't tap "<N5509>" from net "v_CALCULATION_CNTR<7:0>".
Error: (DB-270004): Illegal bus reference - Can't tap "<N5508>" from net "v_CALCULATION_CNTR<7:0>".
Error: (DB-270004): Illegal bus reference - Can't tap "<N5511>" from net "v_CALCULATION_CNTR<7:0>".
Error: (DB-270004): Illegal bus reference - Can't tap "<N5510>" from net "v_CALCULATION_CNTR<7:0>".
Error: (DB-270004): Illegal bus reference - Can't tap "<N5506>" from net "v_CALCULATION_CNTR<7:0>".
INFO (SCH-1172): There were 8 errors and 0 warnings found in "NangateOpenCellLibrary key_expansion_KEY_SIZE0 schematic".

Moreover, I can see lots of unconnected wires like the attached picture

cadence.PNG

This verilog netlist was exported from SoC Encounter from a layout with no geometry or connectivity violations.

Any suggestions ?

EDIT: the unconnected wires are probably due to some floating output pins of std cells that are not used in the design and I don't see errors complaining about them.

Last edited:

I tried this once and got an unreadable pile of symbols
connected by named nets, in such disarray that it made
no sense at all to "eyeball" inspection.

It's possible that the process of conversion, or some
"oops!", laid a solder dot onto a bus segment and
shorted it all. I recommend finding one such segment,
probe it and inspect for this kind of "forced error".

Useless tool, last I left it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back