Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PWM signal noise problem in dsPIC30F3011

Status
Not open for further replies.

francis29

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I created PWM signal in dsPIC30F3011 and i am getting these waveforms . There are spikes during off period of value around 1 volt. So is that a problem??
Because i am going to connect this to a buck converter. So if both high side and low side PWM turned on at the same time it will blow the devices. So i just want to confirm this spikes won't create a problem.

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_20170308_133828_HDR.jpg
This is the DSO waveform

Does the circuit have sufficient decoupling capacitors?

it is probably pickup in your scope lead...doesnt look enough to worry about...also check you have enough dead time

- - - Updated - - -

when top fet of sync buck turns on, there is capacitive current in the lower fets fet stray capacitances, and it does turn on spuriously, or try to, but you live with this. (ie, they are both on together, but the rush of current through the bottom fet ends up turning it off, so its not as bad as it sounds.......its an unfortunate thing about many hard switched converters......some people try and slow up the switching transietion to solve.....or just make sure the off_FET is turned off with a very low impedance and little stray inductance in loop, ie use tight pcb layout in the gate drive circuit.....narrow area current loops

Status
Not open for further replies.