Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Port refinement, process hf3d error: Port 2 is assigned to an internal face. Only al

Status
Not open for further replies.

stavrigeorgiou2

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi there,

I am trying to simulate my antenna in HFSS and i am getting this error : Port refinement, process hf3d error: Port 2 is assigned to an internal face. Only allowed with lumped ports
I have read that if you are trying to simulate a port inside a radiation box you have to put a pec cap on the port. Is that true? And how do i put this cap?

Thank you,
Stavri Georgiou

It means port is defined on the internal surface. I do not know any logic if you place a PEC surface on port I mean how it will radiate then as ports are used to excite the systems and then to let them radiate

Thank you for your reply. The problem is that i am designing a coaxial cable(the port is in the one side of the cable ) and when i set dielectric's material(middle cylinder) as a vacuum it creates this error...when i set it as a coper, it doesnt create it. But vacuum is the right material for it. Also i need to keep my design in the radiation box.

create a rectangular box of width and length equal to the port dimensions, give thickness of 35 microns. finally assign material as PEC.

create a rectangular box of width and length equal to the port dimensions, give thickness of 35 microns. finally assign material as PEC.
Can you help me to understand what this is physically and why it is needed? I mean why we need to place PEC on PORT ?

please refer page no.54 in hfss10 user guide

i have already tried that but my port is a circle(the end of the coaxial cable), and when i create the rectangular box i have the intersect error, since the rectangular and the port are touching one to another

please attach your file ...i will go through it.

please attach your file ...i will go through it.

I have attached my design. My port is on the apper side of the coaxial cable in order to get electric fields on the rest of the design, so i get that error.

Thank you,
Stavri Georgiou

Attachments

• umbrella-creation-vima5.1.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 85

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back