Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Termite v2.6 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

aravinl

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I am trying to verify the SIM808 functioning using Termite v2.6. I connected the SIM module to PC via BAFO USB-Serial adapter.I set baud rate to 9600, transmit text as APPEND CR-LF and Receive Text-default. Initially it shows garbage.Then I enterd AT commands, but it isn't responding. Please help me with that.
Thanks in advance.

Provide link for your SIM808 board. I have to check its quality. i have seen poorly designed SIMxxx modules which output garbage initially at startup.

set baud rate to 9600, transmit text as APPEND CR-LF and Receive Text-default. Initially it shows garbage.

It is not clear whether you are receiving just garbage characters, or if the module is also sending regular characters; anyway, for the first scenario, it is a synthom of a different configuration of baudrate / parity / byte lengh from sender to receiver.

Status
Not open for further replies.