Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RTOS developement kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinoth14

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I want to learn RTOS. I want to buy some development kit to learn RTOS. I don't know which Development kit to buy.
Can anyone suggest me which is good Dev kit is good for beginner?

Hi,

RTOS is software (real time operating system)

But it seems with "development kit" you mean hardware.
If this is true, then I recommend to select the hardware on your IO requirements.
* standard digital logic IO
* Interfaces: SPI, I2C...
* keyboard, mouse, monitor
* USB
* still camera, video camera
* ADC/DAC audio or other analog data
* and, and, and...

...and what you want to do?
* industrial controll loops
* video processing
* audio processing
* signal analysis
* monitoring
* and, and, and..

Klaus

Hi,

RTOS is software (real time operating system)

But it seems with "development kit" you mean hardware.
If this is true, then I recommend to select the hardware on your IO requirements.
* standard digital logic IO
* Interfaces: SPI, I2C...
* keyboard, mouse, monitor
* USB
* still camera, video camera
* ADC/DAC audio or other analog data
* and, and, and...

Klaus

Hi,

Yeah you are right. I mean hardware selection.I want to work on ARM processor. Which ARM series does support RTOS?(I can spend 90$)
Is there any development board available in online?

You can use Raspberry Pi 3

Hi,
Can you tell me, what is the name of the RTOS that Raspberry Pi 3 supports?

You can start with FreeRTOS. It's free and rather simple to understand. FreeRTOS also supports a lot of MCU's, including ARM Cortex-M.
As for hardware, I don't know what are you really expect to get (maybe RPi will be more suitable), but I can suggest you Atmel Xplain boards. Atmel Studio has native support of FreeRTOS, a lot of examples for Xplain boards. So in my opinion it's one of the best ways to start with RTOS (I started with this combination).

You can run FreeRTOS with it.But,I guess it needs porting.Instead go to FreeRTOS official website and check the supported MCUs tab.It lists various boards from various silicon vendors.For eg TM4C from TI.So accordingly chose the board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back