Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to write a professional looking test document?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jani12

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How to write professional looking test document ?

Attached is sample test cases document.

What is the best program to write test cases professionally, with very nice fonts, etc.? Should I use html or xml or some other program ?

Attachments

• sample test cases - Copy.pdf
    367.6 KB · Views: 142

Re: How to write professional looking test document ?

Unless you're really comfortable with html or xml, why not just use Microsoft Word? You can get all the very nice fonts you want. Tables. Insert charts, drawings, etc.

Reactions: jani12

jani12

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

Are you looking for a low-cost version of the Microsoft Office suite? There is a free family of open source programs which are as good (or almost) as Microsoft Word & Excel. Abundant typefaces, tools, formatting, tables, etc.
Look for:
* Apache OpenOffice
* Libre Office.

It has become almost standard to make pdf documents. If you find you cannot export as pdf, there are utilities which do conversions, split, merge, etc.

jani12

word is the first one that meets your requirement.
If you are ready to learn, use markdown .You can generate any output format.

jani12

what is markdown?

- - - Updated - - -

The test report that I attached in my original post is something I came up with.

I want to know what should be included in a test report? Are there any sample test reports for embedded software tests?

- - - Updated - - -

No, I am not looking for low cost programs.

I want to know how to write good comprehensive test report that I can distribute to my coworkers and they can open it in pdf or maybe xml?

Your original post asked what program to use to "write professionally". Now you're asking "How to write a report". Those are two totally different questions. When you figure out what you really want, let us know.

... they can open it in pdf or maybe xml?
You can convert a Word document to pdf very easy with the Microsoft Word buil in functionality.
Most professional articles, white papers, application notes etc.. are written in LaTeX but it is somewhat difficult to write fast and to get comfortable with... You can write nice Microsoft Word documents though.. and convert them to pdf for your coworkers.

jani12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back