Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] fault in replacing cmos

Status
Not open for further replies.

venkates2218

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hai friends.
In cloth dryer i replaced CMOS battery in control unit..
after that i can't see the temperature in dryer...
It simply showing *****.* in temperature area.but i can set the values to it.
I dono wats the problem was...
I can't find any model in that machine..Its old one....

Is their anyway to solve this problem..?

See if you get success by slipping the battery into and out of its holder repeatedly. Try to trigger a reset.
Or, use a resistor to short circuit it momentarily, on the chance it triggers a reset. Make the resistor just low enough value to pull down the voltage a tenth of a volt.

Did you remove power from the appliance for 30 seconds? That works with so many electronic units, it's practically standard procedure.

See if you get success by slipping the battery into and out of its holder repeatedly. Try to trigger a reset.
Or, use a resistor to short circuit it momentarily, on the chance it triggers a reset. Make the resistor just low enough value to pull down the voltage a tenth of a volt.

Did you remove power from the appliance for 30 seconds? That works with so many electronic units, it's practically standard procedure.

which one have to short circuit..?are yo saying main power supply..?Or have to remove CMOS..?
Thanks for your kindly reply...

Evidently the new battery caused a glitch of some kind. Perhaps because it's new, its voltage is just overly high so that the IC's reject it as a power source?

What signs told you the old battery was going bad? There's a chance some IC went bad as a result, and it may never work properly. Or perhaps an IC wend bad instead of the battery? What volt reading do you get from both batteries?

Anyway all you can do is try everything imaginable, in an attempt to trigger a restart, and resume proper operation. Suppose you put back the old battery? Then put in the new one?

Do not short circuit the mains power under any condition.

Do you have a variable DC power supply? If you're willing to go to some effort, apply different voltages to the battery holder. (Remove the battery before you perform this test.) See if you can find exactly the correct voltage that causes proper operation. If you're lucky it is the same as the battery voltage, and if it is not the same then you found some kind of answer even though it will not be easy to solve.

they are using CMOS for time...It will affect calculating temperature also..?

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't do anything just replaced the battery...How it affecting measuring temperature also..?
I dono whats the problem by replacing the CMOS...

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't do anything just replaced the battery...How it affecting measuring temperature also..?
I dono whats the problem by replacing the CMOS...

You need to take a volt reading of the new battery and old battery. Both alone and in circuit. These are basic diagnostics when you choose to do your own repairs on electronic devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back