+ Post New Thread
    Full Member level 3

Helped
    0 / 0
    Level

Outdoor solar lamp chassis

Hi! I am working on a design for an outdoor solar lamp, its circuit and program design are already working but then I have encounter a problem in its chassis. I used a plastic chassis that is commercially available. As I am testing the solar lamp, its ambient temperature rises up to 45degreeC, which also affects the battery temperature, how should I design the chassis that will address these problem?

•   AltAdvertisement

Super Moderator

Helped
    2578 / 2578
    Level

Re: Outdoor solar lamp chassis

Common practice is to vent the enclosure. Two sets of slots on opposite sides to make it easy for air to circulate. Many small slots are better than one large opening. The aim is to prevent spider webs inside the light.

•   AltAdvertisement

Full Member level 3

Helped
    0 / 0
    Level

Re: Outdoor solar lamp chassis

Quote Originally Posted by BradtheRad View Post
    Common practice is to vent the enclosure. Two sets of slots on opposite sides to make it easy for air to circulate. Many small slots are better than one large opening. The aim is to prevent spider webs inside the light.
    Adding vent in my enclosure will give me a risk of water splashes in my circuit during rainy days.. I also need it to be a waterproof. Any other suggestion? It will highly appreciated..

--[[ ]]--