Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] What is the difference between n well drawing and n well pin layers, in cadence virtuoso layoutXL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hetirajhimanshu

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Difference between n well drawing and n well pin layers in cadence virtuoso layoutXL

I am drawing a layout of an inverter in cadence virtuoso layout XL. The problem is there are two layers visible in P MOS one is n well draw and other one is n well pin. and by default it (n well pin) is showing connection to VDD. As a result of this when I tried to connect the out, it is showing short circuit with vdd. I dont know how to solve this issue ? Please someone xplain me as soon as possible .

Re: Difference between n well drawing and n well pin layers in cadence virtuoso layou

Hi hetira,

If in your schematic the PMOS Source(S) of the inverter is connected to VDD then it should be fine.

Normally NWell is tied to positive potential which is VDD then it is not short circuit it is intended.

Cheers,

fixrouter

Re: Difference between n well drawing and n well pin layers in cadence virtuoso layou

thanks fixrouter u solved my problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back