Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how calculate the dimensions of a patch antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suo

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I read an article wich use a patch antenna in the frequency range of 3 to 13GHz, for me i want to modify the dimensions of this patch to work in the frequency range of 30-34GHz, how can calculate the new dimensions of geometry of the proposed antenna?
the image of the antenna is shown below, and thank you in advance.

what did you mean, i don't understand you

Dear Suo,
I believe you forgot to uploaded the figure.
for your question, I would suggest that you calculate the wavelength for the frequency of interest, then adapt the design using the obtained wavelength lambda (you can use lambda or lambda /2 or lambda/4 as you prefer ).
Best regards!

https://www.qsl.net/w4sat/freqscal.htm
Here's an online calculator i found in 2 seconds by searching "frequency scale antenna". The operation you are trying to perform is called frequency scaling. Antennas length is a function of the frequency. double the frequency then antenna is half as big. Original frequency/new frequency = new dimension/original dimension.

Last edited:

Thank you reidintransit, tha's helpful, but for me i work with miniaturized antenna it have the same formula?
the dimensionsof orginal antenna which has as resonant frequency 7.5GHz is shown in the figure below, for me i work in frequency scale between 30-37GHz, tell me what to do! patch.PNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back