Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Writting information on device with different operation frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Butter

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
If I have 2 devices working on different frequencies, for exemple one is working at 900 MHz and the other at 1200 MHz. I would like to write the information from one to the other one. Which methodology and components do I need for that?
Thank you

You need to be a LOT more specific about your "devices" and what you are trying to do. We have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. What are these "devices"? Microwave ovens? Lawn mowers?

How are they communicating? RF? Wires? Data rate?

I would like to create some sort of devices such as cellphones but they operate at different frequencies. I need to connect them with some sort of wire so one can send information to the other directly but I need help on how to do information and frequency conversion.

What do you mean with "wire" in this regard? You are asking about wireless communication, I presume.

Cell phones communicate to each other exclusively through a base station, not directly. In so far the question refers to the capability of a base station to support both frequencies respectively communication standards.

Other mobile radio systems support peer-to-peer communication (e.g. CB, professional mobile radio used by authorities). That's only possible if both devices use the same frequency and communication protocol. Or an optional base station provides the link.

You are still not explaining what you're trying to do. Just because two devices "operate" at different frequencies(whatever THAT means) doesn't mean they cant communicate at some common frequency. That's why they have PLLs, asynchronous communications, etc.

You are still not explaining what you're trying to do. Just because two devices "operate" at different frequencies(whatever THAT means) doesn't mean they cant communicate at some common frequency. That's why they have PLLs, asynchronous communications, etc.

I am trying to create a system in which I would like to connect an RFID reader to a cellphone. I would like them to exchange information but I am afraid that they use different frequencies. What would be the steps, techniques and technologies that we would use to transfer information from one to the other in that case ?

- - - Updated - - -

and I forgot to say in my last message but they should be connected by a cable together

STILL not enough information, but I suggest you learn something about digital communications, RS-422, UARTS, SPI, I2C etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.