Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Want Guidance for my Arduino Networking

Status
Not open for further replies.

hzajkani

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Dears ,

I want to make a wireless connection projects that have a star network. Or, Point to Multi-Point.

With Arduino I want to make it, for agricultural purposes, for a distance about of 3500 meters.

I have 20 slave node and 1 Master.

With regard to the question of what kind of modules do you recommend?

is suitable NRF24L01 module for this project??

Thanks for your Help.

In networkings it is not too usual to label the points as master/slave but rather as client/server. This would give a clearest view of what exactly are you planning to do. If you are not tied to the Arduino approach, I would recommend you take a look at the ESP8266 and its variants, due to the fact that it is pretty suited to deal with wireless solutions.

In networkings it is not too usual to label the points as master/slave but rather as client/server. This would give a clearest view of what exactly are you planning to do. If you are not tied to the Arduino approach, I would recommend you take a look at the ESP8266 and its variants, due to the fact that it is pretty suited to deal with wireless solutions.

ESP8266 is a wi-fi module , is not work for me

I understand the reservation so that the OP doesn't expect a WiFi module to achieve 3500 m range which is a valid point. But NRF24L01 will do neither.

You would better go for wide range sub-GHz system with low data rate and increased power, if supported by the regulations in your country.

the OP doesn't expect a WiFi module to achieve 3500 m range

Thanks for remark, I haven't paid attention on that. Anyway, depending on the geographical disposition of the points of the network, ( e.g most of them grouped together ) an Xbee solution could be considered, in such a manner that for the most dispersed points a chain of one or more modules should be used as router.

so its not important what sentence I'm use , I want to achieve 3500 meter ?

Is there a Wi-fi module that does this?

I understand the reservation so that the OP doesn't expect a WiFi module to achieve 3500 m range which is a valid point. But NRF24L01 will do neither.

You would better go for wide range sub-GHz system with low data rate and increased power, if supported by the regulations in your country.

so you say me NRF24L01 is not work for me ??

my Country is Iran.

and what you recommend exactly ? I'm a Programmer and I'm beginner in electronics , Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for remark, I haven't paid attention on that. Anyway, depending on the geographical disposition of the points of the network, ( e.g most of them grouped together ) an Xbee solution could be considered, in such a manner that for the most dispersed points a chain of one or more modules should be used as router.

thanks a lot ,

when I'm looking on the Net. I'm find XBee 900 MHz solution , so Can I use just 2 module for create a link about 4 Km?

or I have to Implements some router between that ? and is simple and easy to implement middle router ??

The problem is about achievable range versus operation frequency and power. I suggest to study the parameters of the modules available to you. Which are promising for a multi km range?

The point brought by andre_teprom is that modules with built-in wireless network capabilities can reduce the overall project effort compared to using dump transceiver modules. That's surely true. But they must support the intended range as well.

when I'm looking on the Net. I'm find XBee 900 MHz solution , so Can I use just 2 module for create a link about 4 Km?

At least for the DIGI manufacturer, It is stated for the PRO-XSC variant of the Xbee module a maximum outdoor achievable distance of 14Km w/ passive antenna, nevertheless supposedly for direct view. For this case in particular, in theory you could just use one module as transmitter and another as receiver. Even so, it is necessary to do a procedure commonly called site survey on wich the link performance is measured in terms of local interference and signal strengh.

At least for the DIGI manufacturer, It is stated for the PRO-XSC variant of the Xbee module a maximum outdoor achievable distance of 14Km w/ passive antenna, nevertheless supposedly for direct view. For this case in particular, in theory you could just use one module as transmitter and another as receiver. Even so, it is necessary to do a procedure commonly called site survey on wich the link performance is measured in terms of local interference and signal strengh.

thanks a lot , I want to have both send and receive , Is XBee doos Bidirectional communication ?

want guidance for choose best UART or USART RF module for Arduino

hello every body , I want to create a Star or Mesh network with arduino like image below :
the distance node between master is about 2 km.
I want to create full duplex communication , send sensor information from nodes to master node , that master node reply to each one.
witch kind of RF module is best for my solution ?
my RF module must be UART or USART , Cause of I cant use SPI Protocol , because I use SD card that use SPI Protocol.

2mplcpf.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

You have already obtained some recommendations about this same issue at the previous thread (now merged with this one), as well as you were made aware of other factors which may impact on the theoretical maximum distance specified by these manufacturer's modules. I'll highlight once again that when dealing with designs comprised of RF products, 'geometry' matters, which means that you have to consider measuring in field the whole system performance, in the case of having any kind of obstacles.

Status
Not open for further replies.