Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] effective permittivity and wavelength when using air gap

Status
Not open for further replies.

qurratulayn

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all, When we use air gap(between the dielectric substrate and ground plane) technique to enhance the antenna parameters we use height h= substrate height + air gap height for calculation of patch and feedline dimensions. What about the effective permittivity and wavelength? How to calculate the effective permittivity and wavelength when using any dielectric material and airgap together in patch antenna?

I found the answer myself :)

Capture3.JPG

Reference : http://nopr.niscair.res.in/bitstream/123456789/25878/1/IJRSP 30(3) 143-147.pdf

Are you using Air as substrate ? Interested of air you can also use low dielectric constant Foam materials.

Are you using Air as substrate ? Interested of air you can also use low dielectric constant Foam materials.

I am using double layer (FR4 + air) as substrate...thnx for suggestion...:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back