Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ESP-01 not responding to AT command

Status
Not open for further replies.

YGSH

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
It's first time for me to use ESP-01 module. I am trying to test new module, using a serial monitor software 'AccessPort' / putty.
Coming to my point directly, when i reset the module by connecting RST pin to ground, i get following message

rl.lœß|.Œ#ão Œ lìp„rƒä2'{'#„ BŒòoN¾.$oNÜãì #p„cd`rlpóoà ‚ $   bnâ|l lŽpŒòoNÎ$ŒŽl onl n{Ž"²N ãäl pònà r„Üœâà  # oã|äŽß„ŽpŒònoÎ d`no l`orŽÛ'n Œrlpóoà rŒœÜãàìd bnâ|lr„c„ûonî l oN $`or'ßî òl$`{'›o ódl`r$ŒŒNÜ„ûNoŸŒžÂ#ronoŒ.$Œ"r{l.ìÛ$ì"'Üœ  Œ l$l~rd. ä'ldloÜâ. Œ. „~² .첄.ŒnàŽoì'n2„„dlà€c llp#‚Brƒ„ì$`od‚Œäd`bl $'ÛoßoŒ|²ão$ž'# .$  d`rlŒãr"l„l„ ì{lŒâr²p‚ìdŒ l`Œãr›lŽûŒ.l$`{l‚{$Œžb#l„br|Ž`„"'c"cäûoïNnâ.l$àâ$쎌€$ŒŽld„ŒäŒ$d`€nü.Œžb#läp „Ÿâ„b $ Œ"p{ls$
Ai-Thinker Technology Co. Ltd.

ready

Here i was expected that getting ready word(Even after garbage) means everything fine. But problem is module is not replying 'OK' on sending 'AT'.
When i send 'AT' it replies 'ATAT'. Whatever i am sending it, It is replying double word. Means suppose if i send my name 'YOGESH' it is replying 'YOGESHYOGESH'

Used Baud rate is: 115200, I also tried different baud rates.
USB to TTL converter CP2120 is used to interfacing with PC

I don't know, where i am doing wrong? :drevil::drevil: or the module is faulty??

Last edited by a moderator:

don't bother with AT commands on an esp8266 : just program it directly with the latest arduino IDE it works better, faster and does not hang out !

Reactions: YGSH

YGSH

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
The first issue isn't a problem at all. Your text terminal is configured in such a manner that do not recognise non standard ascii characters. The second issue, is due to the fact that the modem is usually configured by manufacturer settings to echoe all received characters. There is a standard Hayes command to disable it. If I remember correctly the proper syntax, just type ATE0.

YGSH

Thanx for your help.....
Yes!!!! Now At commands are working fine. I just used the 'terminal' software instead of 'accessport'/'putty'.
Here CR+LF settings are available easy.........Directly using arduino are also working........:clap::clap:

Did you notice the Putty terminal emulation option settings?

YGSH

OHHHHHHHH!!!
Now i noticed these options in putty.....(Not tried yet)
Thnx, i'll try it.......

The manufacturer's name is clear in your startup screen, so that means you're getting something okay. The gibberish characters could be graphics data, perhaps a logo.

Status
Not open for further replies.