Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AMD or Intel for simulation ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

epp

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
A friend of mine has problems with simulation in simulink i.e. simulation time is too slow and he has a lot of parameters to adjust in each iteration.
He uses AMD Athlon XP2000+ CPU and want to know whether he buy an Intel CPU e.g. P4 3 GHz HT will he got smaller simulation time.

Which CPU is better for simulation purposes AMD or Intel? Also, Matlab does not work with Athlon 64 or any other 64-bit CPU.
Thanks.

hi epp which version of matlab is ur friend using and what is the RAM size. may be if RAM is increased the problem may be solved
because i don't feel there is much difference in the cpu's

On this Matlab benchmark page you can compare Pentium vs Athlon performance:

**broken link removed**

As the poster above states, plenty of memory will often do good running heavy Matlab programs.

epp

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
there is new version of matlab,,,the version 7....

i hav try tht prog.... after installing,,,the pc slow down,,,,

the prog run so slow.... i think this version is resources hunger type..i suppose..

there r some of my frens using this version also face same prob... some even facing the machine hang everytime they run the v7 of matlab.... v all prefer to use v6.5...

mayb the HT from intel can cope wth this prog.... anyway...wait for the dual core from intel if budget is not a prog... should b no prob using the HT already,,,

for AMD...im not sure...i nvr hav one...

regards,
sp

konqueror said:
hi epp which version of matlab is ur friend using and what is the RAM size. may be if RAM is increased the problem may be solved
because i don't feel there is much difference in the cpu's

My friend uses Matlab 6.5 and has 512 MB DDR+WinXP pro.

Is it true or not that Matlab does not work with 64-bit CPUs?
At Jan Mandel's page I saw that he has results for such a CPUs.

Thank you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back