Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SPI Flash programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlad.

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I want to use an external SPI Flash memory for a dedicated application, which will be connected to some I/O pins. Now, I have the content which I want to write it in to the memory (binary file) but I dont know how to write it in.
I know I can use FPGA through JTAG to program an SPI flash which is tied at the FPGA configuration Block via dedicated pins, but since I dont have access to that pins I need to find a way to write the content.
Does anyone know a method to do this? preferably using the JTAG programmer.

Cheers,
Vlad

give more details....
some I/O pins what ? did u connected to dedicated SPI or just GPIO's which you want to emulate SPI interface?

Hi,
As I said in my first post, i had not used the dedicated SPI, because there is located my SPI configuration memory. My user defined SPI flash will be connected to some GPIO where I will emulate a master SPI to read the content of the SPI.

But until then, I need to write some golden data in to SPI flash, and I need a solution for that.

Hi,

What about Xilinx xapp974?

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back