Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Warning message when converting layout to schematic

Status
Not open for further replies.

adeniyiMokesioluwa

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Good day, Everyone

I am beginner in the design of circuits. However, I have been to able to design my schematic but in the process of converting from schematic to layout in ADS keysight, i have been getting this warning message:
"Ground net cannot be split: All pieces of the net have ground symbols. Delete ground symbols instead."

How can i avoid this?.

Thanks for your assistance.

This sounds as though you have two ground icons connected together by a plain wire. It is not a fault in the real world but I have seen it called an error by a simulator.

This can also happen if the attributes of one of the ground symbols has been corrupted.
They must all be called the same thing, usually Gnd, Com, or Eth for example.
That connects them all to the same net.

Look very carefully at every ground symbol on your schematic and make sure they are all identical.

As a last resort, delete and replace every ground symbol on the schematic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back