Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Coaxial feed of a microstrip antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

antenna_beginner

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,I am trying to make a coaxial feed to my circular patch antenna.
As shown in the photos bellow i have created to metal cilinders one inside the other with dielectric cilinder spacing.
The dimention are such that the inner pin touches the patch and the outer coating touches the ground plane.
After ward with boolean operation i made the pin and the patch a single object,the outer coating and the ground a sigle object,
made a waveguide port and ran the simulation.

but its not working an showing really low directivity,if you could help me with a step by step manual which i could follow.
(i have tried to follow both youtube video manuals)
Thanks.

Capture1.JPGCapture2.JPGCapture3.JPGCapture4.JPG

How many mesh cells between top and bottom metals of PCB? Maybe none? Then your connector sees short.

From the posted pictures is hard to understand where the mistake is.
Try to follow the example below, and you will understand how to design a coaxial feed. Indications might not be exactly the same if you use a different version of the simulator.

**broken link removed**

Hi antenna_beginner, I am a beginner too. I am working on HFSS not CST, but i believe the design should be same even with different softwares. In Coaxial/Probe feeding technique we subtract or remove a circular slot from ground plane and create 3 cylinders(probe, pin, coax) and a circle(waveport) but i am sure about making patch+inner cylinder and ground+outer cylinder as one object each.

Capture.JPG Capture1.JPG

Follow below clip on youtube to understand better:
https://youtu.be/ntPqoZ2NI90

Hi antenna_beginner, I am a beginner too. I am working on HFSS not CST, but i believe the design should be same even with different softwares. In Coaxial/Probe feeding technique we subtract or remove a circular slot from ground plane and create 3 cylinders(probe, pin, coax) and a circle(waveport) but i am sure about making patch+inner cylinder and ground+outer cylinder as one object each.

View attachment 136240 View attachment 136241

Follow below clip on youtube to understand better:
https://youtu.be/ntPqoZ2NI90

sorry i am *not sure about making patch+inner cylinder and ground+outer cylinder as single object each

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back