Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RFID Data Logging Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

farhat.a

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi there, I am a researcher and I am working for the first time on RFID.. I am working on a project that aims to use the RDIF as a tool to log data (continuous transmission of sensors reading such as temperature, gas monitoring..). The idea is that the Microcontroller which is an Arduino UNO will collect the readings and then use an RFID tag chip (the SL900A) to send the data to a reader that will be connected to a PC.

However, since this is my first time working with RFID, I am not sure of what should I do exactly. I was able to read the data from the sensors (i.e. LM35 temp. sensor..) using an Arduino. I am trying to communicate with the SL900A to start data logging (transmitting the readings). However, I am not able to transmit anything as I do not know what should I do. I was able to access (read/write) the FIFO of the SL900A chip. Additionally, I was able to read the temperature and voltage of the battery from the on board sensors (the sensors inside the SL900A chip). I am not sure if that helps and I do not know what should I do in my next steps:x.

Anyone could guide or help.. Even if you know other chips to be used instead of the SL900A to transmit the data through the RFID technology would be appreciated:cool:.

Thank you..

Status
Not open for further replies.