Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Regarding dsPIC30F4011

Status
Not open for further replies.

htcompany

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I am working on dsPIC30F4011. I want to use only internal 8Mhz oscillator in C code in MPLAB X IDE v3.10. So how to configure dsPIC30F to use 8Mhz internal osc. ? Plz, kindly help me out as soon as possible....

Thanks in advance....

Hello,
Thanks for response, but.... i do already have the datasheet of this dsPIC. Above mentioned link could not give the answer. In my code, i have written an instruction [OSCCON = 0b0001000110100000;] that configures the OSCCON register to select an internal 8Mhz osc. but still, i am unable to find desired o/p as i have checked on DSOscope.Plz kindly deliver proper solution for the same... asap.

Again thanks.....

Can you show us your code and the config register settings?
If you have read the data sheet then I assume you know that you need to unlock the low or high byte OSCCON register before you write to it and that you cannot write all 16 bits at the same time as your post suggests. Also I hope you have read the FRM section on the oscillator (Section 7) as it describes how to do what you are wantignto do.
By the way, when you say the 8MHz internal oscillator, do you mean the FRC? If so then I hope you realise that the frequency of the FRC is 7.37MHz (nominal) and not 8MHz.
Susan

I have used this method to get 80 MHz from 8 MHz Crystal successfully on hardware.

https://microchipdeveloper.com/16bit:osc-pll-80mhzpll

If you have any doubts then ask me. I have not used FRC but changing to FRC should not be a problem with the method mentioned in the above link.

Status
Not open for further replies.