Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Trying to export a sub-circuit in verilog from a structural gate netlist in verilog

Status
Not open for further replies.

arunkumarv

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

I have a structural gate-level verilog netlist of a fairly large circuit composed of more than 50K logic gates and 4K flipflops.
I would like to extract part of this circuit and export it as another verilog netlist. Please note that the netlist I am dealing with
is a flattened one having no sub-circuits in it.

More specifically, I need to eliminate some gates and flip-flops from the original netlist and their associated paths and save the
remaining circuit as a new netlist. I have found that a tool called NETEDIT is capable of doing it. Unfortunately, this tool is no more
supported. It would be great if I can get some pointers to a new tool.

Thanks,
Arun

What does this have to do with FPGAs? Perhaps you meant to post this in the ASIC section?

Hi All,

I have a structural gate-level verilog netlist of a fairly large circuit composed of more than 50K logic gates and 4K flipflops.
I would like to extract part of this circuit and export it as another verilog netlist. Please note that the netlist I am dealing with
is a flattened one having no sub-circuits in it.

More specifically, I need to eliminate some gates and flip-flops from the original netlist and their associated paths and save the
remaining circuit as a new netlist. I have found that a tool called NETEDIT is capable of doing it. Unfortunately, this tool is no more
supported. It would be great if I can get some pointers to a new tool.

Thanks,
Arun

a text editor with the search and replace function can do what you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back