Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

High frequency 60kHz converter circuit (24VDC step up to 800VAC 500W)

Status
Not open for further replies.
E80 core, after home made bobbin maybe 1.8 inch winding area left over.

Wind first secondary half.
wind primary assembly consisting of both primarys and mylar between them.
wind second half of secondary.

- - - Updated - - -

Ebay

1pcs 99.9% Pure Copper Cu Metal Sheet Foil 0.1 x 200 x 5000MM

The secondary is just 2 wires 400v output so how is it sounds like your saying I should split it in half.

Flapjack is 100% correct.

Put half the secondary turns on first.
Then wind on both the primary copper foils together over the top of that.
Then finally, wind the other half of the secondary on top of the primary.

Its going to be hugely more difficult to do without the proper plastic bobbin.
Save yourself a lot of grief and buy a five dollar bobbin.
Buy more than one !
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Bobbin-...te-core-transformer-coil-former-/251526231063

So I'll have to Solder the end of the first half of the secondary to the starting of the second half of the secondary.

- - - Updated - - -

Also since the bobbin that u sent the link to has a seperator wouldn't that force me to put the primary and secondary on different sides, or should I just use half of the bobbin?

So I'll have to Solder the end of the first half of the secondary to the starting of the second half of the secondary.

Yes exactly.

Also since the bobbin that u sent the link to has a separator wouldn't that force me to put the primary and secondary on different sides, or should I just use half of the bobbin?

It should take less than a minute to cut that separator completely away and file the middle of the bobbin smooth.
The windings must all be full width for best coupling.

You will have to cut out the center divider.

OK ill purchase the bobbin now, I'll have to search for a link to the foil also, if you see any good gauge foil, let me see.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh i found one...

Look at this on eBay **broken link removed**

Just that it's China :( they seem to be having holidays, it will take over a month to reach me.

Haha, yes.
Chinese New Year is like Christmas, Easter, Independence Day, and your birthday +++++++
They go absolutely totally nuts for about a month.

Yup so i realized, but the size foil I sent the link to is ok right?

I wanted my to buy a foil today and the mylar tape so I could start as soon as possible incase of hiccups I can ask for help, because I don't know how often you guys are online, I realize audio electronics I get good results from audioguru, seem you and flap jack are the transformer guys.

Yes .1mm is the correct thickness. 1000mm length will not have much left over.

You did not post a link to the bobbin if you found a new one.

I'll use the same bobbin since it's the only one I found on ebay also Ill purchase the foil that's 0.1 x 200 x 5000 mm.

And then ill get back to you when you when I have the material.

I actually haven't even tried to work on the circuit itself as yet either.

Warspeed the transformer you wrapped I realized it had copper enamel wires coming out also, should that be the type of wire I use to Solder to the foil and use heatshrink to cover it coming out?

The two primary windings are foil, and are connected to the eight big black wires.

I also have two secondary windings which are the four enamelled copper wires that you can see.

Thanks for the help guys, unfortunatly I was doing the project with someone else and they decided to stop.

And I got the foil winding and tape recently.

I will however try to use it for another project.

I want to build a switch mode power supply +/- 75V

I'll need some help creating a schematic but in the mean time Im searching for one, I'll make a post

Status
Not open for further replies.