Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

High Temperature Thermometer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gauravkothari23

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
i am planning to make a device where i can measure temperature between range of 0 to 300 degree Celsius using thermocouple.
can any one please suggest me now can i do this and what IC's are recommend to measure the temperature between 0 to 300 Celsius using any Microcontroller.
i have gone through LM335 but it can measure only upto 125 Celsius.

Hi,

Sorry for not good news: In principle, I doubt you will find any silicon-based temperature sensor that can operate much over 150ºC, at best, because of maximum junction temperature issues. I could be wrong of course.

The 2N2484 BJT can operate up to 200ºC, nowhere near 300ºC.

There's nothing wrong with your thermocouple choice.

300 degree C is also well in the range of RTD sensors (Pt100/Pt1000).

Hi,

Sorry for not good news: In principle, I doubt you will find any silicon-based temperature sensor that can operate much over 150ºC, at best, because of maximum junction temperature issues. I could be wrong of course.

The 2N2484 BJT can operate up to 200ºC, nowhere near 300ºC.

There's nothing wrong with your thermocouple choice.

Thanks.
i have gone through some of the notes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uARdp0OPSJU

i think this will work for me...
need to check it out for the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.