Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which music system to used in CAR

Status
Not open for further replies.

RETGT

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I have Alto lxi800
i want the music system in car which one to used?

Do you need to replace an entire sound system?
Or are you looking for an adapter to play a certain device through an existing sound system?

The system must be compatible with the number of speakers, and the wiring to the car chassis.

To be most useful, your system should be compatible with modern devices and file formats. MP3, etc. Consider having more than one cigarette lighter outlet.

You should avoid doing anything to the car that could make it difficult to sell later on.

There are any number of adapters for all kinds of devices. See what is offered in automotive parts stores.
You can play a CD through a cassette player. (Dummy cassette housing contains an inductive element positioned near the tape heads).
You can play an Ipod through the car's sound system. (Possibly through the radio.) Etc.

Do you need to replace an entire sound system?
Or are you looking for an adapter to play a certain device through an existing sound system?
Hello,
I dont have any music system right now?
yes i was thinking to use home threater at 12V

In the good old days we played FM radio and 8-track tapes in the car. Then Philips invented the compact cassette tape system, then came CDs the came MP3s.
Home theater uses 50V and higher, not 12V. Buy a car audio system that uses bridged high current amplifiers driving 2 ohm or 4 ohm speakers.

Reactions: FvM

FvM

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
ok, what does 2ohm or 4 ohm speaker mean?

ok, what does 2ohm or 4 ohm speaker mean?
Home speakers usually have an impedance of 8 ohms. Then for an amplifier to produce 30W into 8 ohms it must have a 50VDC power supply.
A car has a 13.8V power supply so if an ordinary amplifier is powered from only 13.8V its output power into an 8 ohm speaker will be only 1.5W like a cheap clock radio.

Car amplifiers are usually bridged (one amplifier for each speaker wire) so that the voltage and current to a speaker are effectively doubled then the power output is about 3.5 times more at 5.3W into 8 ohms. A 4 ohms speaker uses double the current which again doubles the power to 10.6W and a 2 ohm speaker again doubles the current and doubles the power to 21.2W.

High power car amplifiers use a circuit that increases the 13.8VDC to a much higher voltage.

- - - Updated - - -

Hee, hee. This small Suzuki car sold in India has a tiny little 0.8 liter 3 cylinders engine.

ok, hello what is 2500watt amplifier mean?

- - - Updated - - -

Hee, hee. This small Suzuki car sold in India has a tiny little 0.8 liter 3 cylinders engine.
i new to cars please tell more what should be there?

ok, hello what is 2500watt amplifier mean?
It means that the amplifier can produce a maximum output power of 2500 watts which is a lot of power. Many amplifier power ratings are lies. I have a sound system rated at 150 Watts but its real maximum power is only about 7 Watts.

i new to cars please tell more what should be there?
Here in Canada we do not have the tiny cars with tiny engines that are in India. Our cars are big, powerful and expensive.

2500 watts is pmpo:bsdetector:, that doesn't mean that it will draw 2500watts!
mostly 2500/10 =250w is the power that it take on threshold.
u can buy sony amplifier and jbl speakers . best combo all says.
i have pioneer, which is good in speakers but for amplifier , u should go for sony
want to install subwoofer?:):clap: yeah! it sounds like crazy! no,:grin: dont install it , its vibration makes your car's joints weak (like door windows etc.) in few days :bsdetector:

Status
Not open for further replies.