Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Nested SPICE .cir to PSPICE .lb

Status
Not open for further replies.

prash_tajne

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HI,

How can I convert the nested LV.cir(SPICE model) file to PSICE library? The file LV.cir refer to subcircuits and for e.g LVNOMI.CIR.
ZIP file attached contains both the .cir files.

I tried changing the extension of LV.cir & LVNOMI.cir to LV.lib & LVNOMI.lib and opening it in PSPICE Model editor. However, no luck.

Need support for the importing the nested .cir files

Many Thanks
Prashant

Attachments

• LVNOMI.zip
    4.1 KB · Views: 81

Actually no statements need to be converted, I think. Perhaps you should rename the model file LV.CIR to LV.sp .
... Need support for the importing the nested .cir files
The .INC statement
Code:
.INC c:\spice\lv\lvnomi.cir
in the LV.CIR model file should work fine, if the path is correct or changed accordingly to your setup.

Show your error message(s) if you still get ones.

Hi,

I am not sure the if file format LV.sp is supported by PSPICE model editor. I have renamed the LV.CIR to LV.lib. Also LVNOMI.cir to LVNOMI.lib.

Tried changing the path of .INC statement to the local path.For e.g both as .INC c:\spice\lv\lvnomi.cir & .INC c:\spice\lv\lvnomi.lib in LV.lib. Then tried to open the LV.lib in PSPICE Model Editor. The error screen in attached as ErrorWhileOpening.jpeg

Further, when i try to Export To Part Library from Model Editor using LV.lib(with .INC c:\spice\lv\lvnomi.lib) as input and LV.olb as output, get error as per attached LVError.zip

Attachments

• ErrorWhileOpening.jpeg
    ErrorWhileOpening.jpeg
    23.9 KB · Views: 95
  • LVError.zip
    491 bytes · Views: 84

I am not sure the if file format LV.sp is supported by PSPICE model editor. I have renamed the LV.CIR to LV.lib. Also LVNOMI.cir to LVNOMI.lib.
This is ok, I think - I'm not a PSPICE user :-(

The error screen in attached as ErrorWhileOpening.jpeg
"... does not contain any models."
Strange: The original LV.CIR contains the model
Code:
XLV4052 2  3  4  5  1  0  SWI1
(not out-commented), and the sub-circuit SWI1 is declared in the (original) LVNOMI.CIR - so it should work - if not changed. Pls. check again.

Further, when i try to Export To Part Library from Model Editor using LV.lib(with .INC c:\spice\lv\lvnomi.lib) as input and LV.olb as output, get error as per attached LVError.zip
"... does not exist" usually means it didn't find it. Path not correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back