Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

periodic structures and excitation (CSTor HFSS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shekoofeh

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I'm trying to simulate a chiral media and retrieve its parameters. I almost read all threads about this topic. But they all discuss obtaining constitutive parameters from S-parameters.
I need help with the previous step! How to extract S-parameter. I already used HFSS for antenna simulation, but it is a special case. My media is large to process and I should use periodic structures. I have problem with Master Slave BCs in HFSS and periodic BCs in CST, and also port excitation in this conditions(plane wave? waveguide port?). Can anyone help me?

Hi Shekoofeh,

Scattering parameters really only make sense when used to analyze finite arrays. The larger the array, the better, but obviously there are practical limitations. Without using finite arrays and scattering parameters, you'd need a different analysis method.

Try looking into Floquet ports in HFSS -- they allow you to extract scattering parameters for the case of propagation normal to an infinite array, if that's what you need.

Can you post the warning message which you are getting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back