Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ESP8266 NodeMCU v3 + dht22 + hx711, problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunterwc

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi.
I am making a small project with NodeMCU v3 module, and i have problem with power supply. The device will be power by four AAA bateries, which give 6V. And now, how i should connect hx711 module with esp8266, because NodeMCU v3 has only 3,3V pin, and i need 5V to power load cell by hx711. Can anyone help me? Maybe i should use 5V and 0,1A regulator?

Hi,

If one device needs 5V, then use a 5V voltage regulator.
If another device needs 3.3V, then use a 3V3 regulator.

But usually you have signal lines when those two devices communicate with each other. Then you need level translators.

Klaus

So I can't connect it like this?
zdjecie na forum.jpg

I need level translator?

So I can't connect it like this?
View attachment 134473

I need level translator?
Yes on all the lines going between the ESP8266 and the HX711.

This is mentioned on the summary page for the ESP8266 device on sparkfun.
Note: The ESP8266 Module is not capable of 5-3V logic shifting and will require an external Logic Level Converter. Please do not power it directly from your 5V dev board.

- - - Updated - - -

though according to the HX711 datasheet it can be powered from a 2.7-5.5V supply, so theoretically you could power both off of 3.3V if you wanted and avoid any level translators.

- - - Updated - - -

It does look like the ESP8266 device itself can have a digital supply of 1.8-3.3V, so if it's on a module I'd first make sure they are not using a 1.8V supply on the digital lines. You should check the device or module datasheet to verify.

OK, thanks for explanation. I need 5V because U\unfortunately load cell has a 5-12 operating voltage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back