Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Cadsoft eagle] Is my Eagle footprint correct ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Okada

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I was using Eagle for designing PCB Layouts but I had never tried to make a footprint. I was paying USD 1 for each footprint library.

Today I tried making a footprint on my own. I have attached the image of the footprint and the datasheet of the component. I want to know is my design correct or not. The pin dia mentioned in the datasheet is 1.3 mm and I have set drill size to 1.5 mm. Is this ok ?

If the design is correct then I will post the eagle library.

Attachments

• JQC-3F(T73).pdf
    426.8 KB · Views: 79
  • footprint relay.png
    footprint relay.png
    93.4 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:

The pin dia mentioned in the datasheet is 1.3 mm and I have set drill size to 1.5 mm. Is this ok ?
Is it so difficult to read the datasheet correctly? Datasheet says clearly: Hole diameter should be 1.3 not 1.5 mm. Although it's surely possible to solder the component with larger drilled holes, it's better to use the recommended size.

If your screen shot shows pad size to scale, they are a bit small for convenient soldering.

Yes, you are right. The datasheet tells about mounting hole dia. I will change it to 1.3 mm. How to adjust pad size ?

@FvM

Is this pad size enough. Open file in Acrobat and set zoom to 100%. I have taken print to pdf with 1:1 scale.

Attachments

• JQC-3F(T73).pdf
    6.5 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:

You can choose the pad diameters as you want it.

The pads might be O.K. for 1.3 mm drill, I would use e.g. 2.5 mm diameter for relays pins.

I have used 2.54 mm for pad and 1.3 mm for drill only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back