Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with microcontroller which resets when anything else is switched on/off

Status
Not open for further replies.

vicky29

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hey people me in trouble ...i made a ckt using microcontroller but when i switch on and off any fan or light switch in the same room the ucontroller gets reset.
what might me the problem and how to get ride of it

Re: reset of uC

Try to connect an inductor between a voltage regulator and power rail of your microcontroller (reset circuit should be connected to the MCU power too) and use combination of 10µF tantalum + 100nF ceramic capacitors on both sides of this inductor, and another 100nF ceramic cap as close to the micro supply pin.
There may be some additional precautions to be undertaken, but try to eliminate the power supply problem first ..

reset of uC

thanks for answering but what value of inductor to take

You can try inductors from 100µH to 10mH. Difficult to predict which one will work the best ..

use π filter, a 1000uF capacitor parallel with a 0.1uf ceramic to the ground, then a 10mH inductor, then a 220uF capacitor.

mike

------------------------------------
www.ezpcb.com

why with current..?, i think the current on inductor have limited.

if i want to makeself inductor, it can I do..? why.?

Status
Not open for further replies.