Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

L4960 question - PTC fuse cuts the input voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

brunofunchas

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello!

I have an electronic board where the "fuse" X60X050( I think it is an 500ma 60V PTC) cuts out the supply to input pin 1 of an IC L4960.

I have a peak current of 2,45A before it cuts out in less than 2 sec. I think my problem is on this fuse, since the datsheet states that it should hold that current during 4 sec.

I have measured the resitance to ground from pin1 of L4960 an it around 150 kilo ohms.

Should I change the PTC or I missing something on the diagnostic?

Thanks,
Bruno

I think my problem is on this fuse, since the datsheet states that it should hold that current during 4 sec.
Your problem is with reading. The datasheet specifies very clearly (minimal) Itrip of 1A and maximum time to trip of 4s@2.5A.Typical ("average") time to trip at 2.5 A is less than 2s according to curve. There's no exact specification for tolerable duration of peak current above 1 A. So it looks like you should change the PTC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back