Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[General] Analog Output interfacing with 5v microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.
Analog output is not connected to a microcontroller in your schematic. So most likely you don't get a current reading.

But How to read with Multimeter? Because, If I got the analog output reading on multimeter then I will connect those wires to the microcontroller. What do you think?

Do you think I need to 500-ohm resistor to get 4-20mA current output?

Very clearly, the analog output must be loaded with a resistor <= 500 ohm to get correct measurements. Industry standard 4-20 mA signal converters have between 50 and 500 ohm input resistance.

So, I need to connect a 500-ohm resistor between pin 6 and 7 to get 4-20mA current output? Without resistor, I tried earlier it showing only 4mA. But I will try with <=500 ohm resistor

Thanks FvM,

It help when I connected a 330ohm resister between pin 6 and 8 it shows the current varies between 0.0mA -1.36 mA. Now how to transfer this current to Arduino Uno? How does Arduino UNO will know there is a change in current when the object is moving? Please leave your comment below.

Isn't there a voltage drop across the resistor ? Use MCP6002 Rail to Rail Op Amp and amplify the voltage drop across the resistor to 0 to 5V range and feed it to Arduino ADC input pin.

Status
Not open for further replies.