Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to Export S-Parameters from ADS ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

muhammad idrees

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I have simulated an LC series circuit in ADS 2009 and analysed the s-parameters. Now I want to export the S-parameters as a text file or CTI file or CSV file or matrix to plot a graph in any other tool like MS Excel and Origin Pro etc.

But I do not know how to export the data files from ADS, so that I can use them in any other software for plotting. Any one have Idea or tutorial please share with me. I need help in this regard.

Thanks in Advance,
Regards:
M. Idrees

an easy way

click on the plotted graph, then click File --> export --> write data....into ACII

then u will have the data...can be used to plot using any software

regards

There are multiple ways to export ADS S-parameter file

1. From DDS window you can export S-parameter into ACII
temp1.jpg

2. From data tool you can convert ADS data set to citifile or someother file format
temp2.jpg

3. If you are doing momentum of FEM simulation , you can get citi file inside simulation folder

Another easy method for this is to simply place an SPOutput component in the simulation schematic.

In ADS, you can save the network parameters produced by an S-parameter simulation into Touchstone, CITIfile or gmdif format. Simply place the SPOutput component in the schematic, specify the format and the file name to use for the data file, and the simulator will save the network parameters into that file.

There are no additional steps required.

Dear All, Thanks for your suggestions. I have got the solution. As i use the tools option in the results window and using Touchstone option. I just write the data in text file format and the reopen it in Excel for further processing.
Thanks once again for helping me!!

Yes if there are any other ways to export please share with me.

Regards:
Muhammad Idrees

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back