Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

2 layer stack up with 100 ohm and 50 ohm impedance

Status
Not open for further replies.

gnanavel

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i don't how to matching 100 ohm and 50 ohm impedance in 2 layer pcb , i need trace width and spacing
pls any one can help me..

You need a matching network to connect lines with different impedances together if you want to avoid reflections. Look at **broken link removed** to get an idea what you need.

According to the title, the ambiguous question is simply asking how to implement 50 and 100 ohm trace impedance. But it misses to tell the transmission line topology, single ended or differential, micro strip or coplanar with or without ground?

Did you check free saturnpcb tool?

I would second the use of Saturn PCB toolkit. For a two layer design the bottom layer would have to be the ground plane to provide a return path and for a 50R line its going to be rather thick, about 3mm wide.... 100R dif pair is 2.5mm track width, 1mm between the traces so in both cases the tracks are rather wide, limiting routing space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back