Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to fire a thyristor at desired time in Proteus

Status
Not open for further replies.

94d33m

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
If i want to fire a thyristor at e.g.alpha=30, how do I do this in proteus simulation?

Re: How to fire a thyristor in Proteus

You probably have an AC supply at, say, 50Hz. Set up a second supply to drive the gate, at a phase difference of 30 degrees (assuming that is what you mean by alpha=30, and assuming you fire once per AC cycle).

If you wish to fire twice per AC cycle, then your gate drive should be 100 Hz at a phase difference of 60 degrees.

I'm assuming Proteus has the above capability because I'm not experienced with that simulator.

Re: How to fire a thyristor in Proteus

problem.png

I am just trying to test a normal circuit here.Sine wave is of 5V and gate voltage is 5V DC.I dont understand why the thyristor is behaving like this.The trigger current is 1mA, yet below 1mA , 0mA current through anode but some current through cathode?why? And If i decrease the resistance from 5k to 4k then i get an error saying simulation not running in real time.

And This is what i get when i change gate voltage from 5V to 10V....95A flowing through anode, and only 1.8mA flowing through cathode?
problem1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back