Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

command to set toggle rate in cadence genus synthesis

Status
Not open for further replies.

anilineda

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I know the attribute to set the units for a toggle rate in cadence synthesis tool as below.

"set_attribute lp_toggle_rate_unit /ns /" .
But how can i give the toggle rate of some value 10 by command . someone please give me the syntax.

And the next question is, genus default toggle rate is 0.02 toggles per ns. how to understand this, plz explain this.

regards

Why do you even wanna do this?

The default approach is to give an activity file for the tool (typically a VCD file), from which genus calculates the toggle rates for you.
Changing the unit will have no impact, it will just show a different unit in the report.

Why do you even wanna do this?

The default approach is to give an activity file for the tool (typically a VCD file), from which genus calculates the toggle rates for you.
Changing the unit will have no impact, it will just show a different unit in the report.

my boss asked me to synthesize a big collection of RTL files with a 28nm tsmc hpm libraries. I was told to play around with the "toggle rate" usage in the script in order to report less power as possible (i know about clock gating).
here How someone deal with it ?? please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back