Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Realization of 22Hz transmitter by using magnetic coupling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very well, if it's a bad idea then it's a bad idea. We should be leery of being near anything radioactive. However do the rays need to be so intense as to jeopardize human health? I'm not certain. Perhaps it is safe as long as you follow established safety precautions. Your detector needs to be extremely sensitive, of course.

you are right, but I think EM method is the most suitable way however I have not found any practical idea for realizing it!!!!

The question was asked, and a suggestion was was offered.

In these times of the occupational health and safety Nazzies, I very much doubt it would be a highly popular solution though.

I monitor background radiation level here all the time (since Fukushima) have a geiger tube hooked up to a display in my kitchen.
The problem would be the very random nature of background radiation, its constantly changing, and not small changes either.

That is going to make it very difficult to detect and locate an actual low level source from any distance.
But if it could be modulated at a very specific frequency, something might actually be possible with time coherent sampling, a very directional sensor that scans, and the power of digital signal processing.

But the whole concept is extremely politically incorrect, and effectively dead in the water.

Last edited:

The problem would be the very random nature of background radiation, its constantly changing, and not small changes either...

Background radiation is random but they follow a mathematical distribution (Poisson distribution). This simple distribution has only one parameter and if you have sufficient number of points (they are basically time series data) you can reliably figure out the radio elements by their half-lives. Basically radioactive dating works in a similar way.

My comment is rather unrelated to the topic post...

The problem is there are many different sources of background radiation. Surrounding objects for one, such as bricks. Dust carried by wind is another, hugely influenced by weather conditions that can very suddenly change. Then there are sources of energetic particles coming from the Sun, which is another highly variable source.

A sudden peak caused by a pig gliding by, right beneath your feet might be difficult to separate.

Yes, way off topic.

my question is still unsolved:thumbsdown:
a practical&economic idea for realizing pig locating system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back