Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Altium unrouted net on NPTH pad to copper pour

Status
Not open for further replies.

barry

Advanced Member level 7
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
In Altium, I have a non-plated through hole with a pad. The pad is assigned to net GND. I have a polygon pour defined as GND. When I pour the polygon, the pad has thermal connections to the pour, as expected, but when I run the DRC I get an "unrouted net" error associated with that pad.

I wanted the pad, connected to GND, I GOT the pad connected to GND, but Altium throws an error. Other than ignoring it, what's the way around this error?

Your NPTH gas 2 annular rings on both side and Altium assumes they should both be connected to GND, which is not if you unchecked "Plated" option. That's where the error arises.
To tell Altium that there are no pads, you can remove the NPTH pad, and then add a full circle in board shape layer.
This way PCB manufacturer will know that they should drill a hole there, while Altium will assume no electrical connection and won't throw errors.
Another option is to replace the pads with vias, and AFAIK Altium don't throw unconnected net errors with vias.
If you edit the pad properties and under "Size and Shape" select "Top-Middle-Bottom" and set the pad size on the unused layer to zero so that there's no pad on that side, does it still throw an error?

If you edit the pad properties and under "Size and Shape" select "Top-Middle-Bottom" and set the pad size on the unused layer to zero so that there's no pad on that side, does it still throw an error?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back