Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

1Mhz Piezo Drive Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoralSea

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have several 1Mhz Piezo transducers of different sizes. I want to take some measurements of these piezos by varying the frequency slightly. I generate a nice clean 1Mhz square wave digitaly. The problem is the signal is dying at the base of the transistor when I connect the transformer. Maybe the signal is returning?? And R2 is getting very hot. Just looking for some suggestions, ideas, help? Thanks

EDIT: Forgot to add - the transistor is a BU406.

Attachments

• 20161117_161558 (002).jpg
    20161117_161558 (002).jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:

Presume the generator impedance is considerably higher than 2.2 ohm, large Ccb of BU406 will load the input respectively.

But there's surely some output voltage swing?

R2 will dissipate some power by design, don't know how you arrived at the shown component values. Some parameters like transformer ratio and inductances are also unknown.

Presume the generator impedance is considerably higher than 2.2 ohm, large Ccb of BU406 will load the input respectively.

But there's surely some output voltage swing?

R2 will dissipate some power by design, don't know how you arrived at the shown component values. Some parameters like transformer ratio and inductances are also unknown.

Thanks for your time to reply!

- The 2.2ohm is from a circuit that used a Mosfet gate driver. I'l see what happens without it.

- No voltage swing.

- The component values are from another engineer who suggested them to us.

- Forgot to add the transformer is a mini-trafo with a 1:10 ratio. Don't know about inductance values.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back