Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Nonlinear resistor: behavioral model (multi-dim Taylor series)

Status
Not open for further replies.

exp

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Does spectre/Cadence support something like an ideal current or voltage multiplier block or anything I could simulate this nonlinear behavior?

I would like to build a behavioral model of the following equation:

i = g1*Vp + g2p*Vp^2 + g3p*Vp^3
- g1*Vm + g2m*Vm^2 + g3m*Vm^3
+ g2vm * Vp * Vm
+ g32pm * Vp^2 * Vm
+ g3p2m * Vp * Vm^2

Without the cross-terms (=1D Taylor series) it is straight forward to implement with pvccs.

The first terms can be implemented by adding the currents.

But, the cross terms are the problem. Thank you!

EDIT: Ok, I think I may have found something: Just pvccs2. Still trying to figure out how to specify the coefficients

You can use verilog-a for implementing this function.

Yep, that's the one that you should use. Help page is good but in general you just specify the coefficients, it follows a sequence starting from lowest order coefficient to highest, I don't remember the degrees of input voltages for consecutive coefficients though you need to check and make sure.

Alternative is using verilogA (easy) or actually creating that circuit (not so easy).

Status
Not open for further replies.