Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Current path for switching circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

danilorj

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I would like to know if there is any simulation program that allows me to know the current path through any circuit? Let's say to debug the circuit, to know what really happens during the simulation step by step.

Thanks.

What's a "current path through a circuit" for you? Circuit currents are splitted into different pathes in one node and combined in another one. Kirchhoffs current law rules.

The usual way is to record multiple (many) branch currents in a transient simulation.

I'm watching your schematic run in Falstad's. I guess S1 is the lefthand switch? As far as I can tell, it creates boost converter action.

Here are some tips:

The leftmost diode is unnecessary.

I recommend that you add several scope traces. Look at Ampere waveforms through inductor, switch, righthand diode.

Put 1k ohm resistors across diodes. This reduces false unwanted oscillations at each closing of the switch.

Put 0.1 ohm resistors inline with the capacitors. This reduces instantaneous high current spikes.

For your component values I recommend a timestep of 50n. This makes the waveforms more readable. The simulation pauses less. Do not use the default setting of 5u.

Status
Not open for further replies.