Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC18F4550 Substitute?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnkD

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have been using PIC18F4550 from a long time and would like to update on it. So what other options can I look for. I want to implement the same functionality but if the new IC gives me some advantages over PIC18F that would be helpful. I am open to all IC Manufacturers. Its a bit urgent. Thank you in advance for your help and looking to hear from you soon.

Regards,
ANk

Why don't you make a parametric search on supplier's website ? Right here in Edaboard main page there is a link for Digikey, which provide a quite efficient search engine tool.

- - - Updated - - -

Ops, their banner is not here anymore.

Microchip do provide a parametric search facility on their web site. So do many other manufacturers.
Therefore the first step is for you to decide what the search parameters are for your application.
Simplistically, if you have a PIC18F the you may well have the IDE and compilers that are required for the newer members of the Microchip families (including some of the newer PIC16 which are pushing on the bottom end of the PIC18 family functionality, and also the PIC24/dsPIC33 devices). The development techniques will flow across the families quite well whereas changing manufacturers may involve a new development environment and coding techniques.
On the other hand, if there is some parameter that is significantly better served by another manufacturer then makign the change can be worth it.
Susan

i believe PIC18LF45K50 is bit updated form and 18LF14K50 smaller package with usb

Status
Not open for further replies.