Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Regarding Personal Locator Beacon (PLB) 406MHz Module

Status
Not open for further replies.

sakibnaz

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello.

Is it possible to make a Personal Locator Beacon (PLB) Tracker.

Can anyone suggest if there any PLB Module (406MHz Transmitter) available which can control via UART AT Command?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

One type of pet locator listens for you to transmit a radio command. Then it broadcasts a beacon. You hold a directional antenna to home in on the beacon. The rest of the time it is silent, to save battery power. It may require a radio license to operate. Advertised range 400 feet.

I've heard of services which detect pet/child positions via GPS. The service sends you an alert if they travel outside a certain distance.

There are a few problems with a home made Personal Location or distress beacon such as some legal requirements

If you just home brew something and begin transmitting without a proper registered identity, its going to really piss off the authorities.
They will definitely find you pretty quickly, but you may be none too happy about what they do once they have located you.

Rather like putting home made number plates on your car, or forging a gun license.
It will work very well until you are one day confronted by very angry authority.

Hi.

Thanks for reply.

Yes I know all about the licensing and we will go with proper regulatory guideline.

I like to ask about another transmitter. Its called VHF DSC. Anyone know about it? Any Module available?

Regards

I doubt if you could build something yourself with as good (waterproof and small) packaging or the reliability of a commercial unit.

The low cost of Chinese mass produced electronics these days, compared to the cost of buying individual parts has made home construction of just about anything completely uneconomic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back