Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is there a factory repair shop for Cobra 2000 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rider11111

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have seen repair work discussed on here that's on youtube and I'm in need of a good shop for a old Cobra 2000, Any Help would be appreciated.
Thanks Greg

If it is, they are fairly easy to repair but I doubt many service departments would look at a 30 year old radio, especially as so many of them were 'doctored', often very badly, to do new tricks.

Brian.

If it is, I do indeed know of a very good repair person in the UK.

Ill PM Greg as its from another forum.

I've probably got most of the parts in my spares stock here but Greg's IP traces back to Kansas - a bit far away!

Brian.

Ah, well we mere users cannot tell that :)

And the person I'm thinking of is in the same area as you Betwixt ;)

Well, I used to do all the repairs in my area on that kind of equipment myself when it was popular but that was many years ago in the Bristol area. I've since moved a few times and been on the West Wales coast for nearly 15 years so it probably isn't me you are thinking of. I would be interested in knowing who you have in mind but this isn't the place to discuss it. I still have a workshop with all the test gear and deep in the dust I still have big stocks of parts.

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.