Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

BLDC motor controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

AgnesAnna

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I am developing a bldc motor controller and is in the starting stage.In one of the design file , i have seen the input stages are as follows: supply, emi filter, boost converter, phase shifted full bridge converter, synchronous rectifer and then comes the inverter. My doubt is why cant we directly give the boost converter output to inverter.

The thing is that i need two levels of voltage to be fed to the motor. i.e, 90V and 230V. How can i do this without manually adjusting anything also that should be done without stopping motor?. Is synchronous rectifier and full bridge converter is required for this purpose?

Thankfully,
Agnes

i need two levels of voltage to be fed to the motor. i.e, 90V and 230V.
Why, particularly? Usually motor voltage is varied continuously by means of pulse width modulation.

why cant we directly give the boost converter output to inverter.
You can, if no isolation is required and the voltage level is appropriate for motor inverter operation. It might be possible with 120 VAC mains voltage.

Also a PFC boost converter isn't necessarily required. It's a question of power quality requirements and rated power.

Status
Not open for further replies.