Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electrical type for pins in Altium Designer

Status
Not open for further replies.

mabdulahad1

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

Can someone explain the difference between electrical type of pins for components like passive, open collector etc? Generally which type should be used in which scenario? I was working with a schematic of a component with both AGND and DGND tied to one common ground. Is it ok to use electrical type as 'power' for both pins? or should I use passive for AGND? Thanks for help

As I know this feature is for Electrical Rule check , if you want to use ERC they must be set correctly
but it does not affect netlist creation for pcb design , if you don't use ERC take it easy

about AGND , it is a power pin not passive .

The electrical types will only affect ERC, which may help with detecting errors in your circuit. If you don't want to use the functionality, then simply set every pin to "Passive" to disable ERC on pins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back